Monday 4 October 2010

Monday Make-Up Must Haves: Blending Brush

A Blending Brush
It wasn’t until I invested in a blending brush that I really found make up started “working” for me. A decent blending brush and the right skills can take a look from novice to pro in seconds. The blending/contour brush of choice for many (myself included, I must admit), is MAC’s 217. This brush has fine, densly packed fibres arranged in an oval shape – meaning the brush fits perfectly in your socket line. As well as blending out harsh edges, this brush can also be used to apply colour to the socket, for example, but be aware that it will easilly pick up a great deal of product.
With a price tag of £14.50, it’s not a cheap brush but it is definately a good investment as with the right care it will last you for years.
ALTERNATIVES TO THE 217:
If you would rather not splash out so much on a make up brush, here are some more affordable alternatives:
This blend and contour brush from No7 (above) is less than half the price of the MAC alternative at just £6.50.
Bargain brush alert! This blend and contour brush from Elf (above) is just £1.50! I have one and it’s great for when my 217 is dirty and I need a back-up blender. It may not be quite as "perfect" as the 217, but for just £1.50 I think it’s a brush worth having.  

For a tutorial on blending, who better to show you than the lovely Pixiwoo / Fashion Face team:

No comments:

Post a Comment